The ID5 Universal ID is a shared, neutral identifier that publishers and ad tech platforms can use to recognise users even in environments where 3rd party cookies are not available or blocked. ID5 enables publishers to create and distribute a shared 1st party identifier to the entire ecosystem. Ad tech platforms that connect with ID5 can decrypt the Universal ID and improve their user recognition capabilities. The ID5 Universal ID is designed to respect users' privacy choices throughout the advertising value chain.
- Retrieve Universal ID — There are several methods to retrieve the ID5 Universal ID
- Prebid.js UserId Module — Learn the benefits of Universal ID and how to integrate it into your existing Prebid.js setup
- Custom Integrations — There are several custom integration methods to retrieve the ID5 Universal ID via client-side or server-side calls and web services.
- Client-side - Fetch Endpoint — Learn how to make client-side requests for a single Universal ID without the use of Prebid.js or ID5's JS API
- Server-side - Fetch Endpoint — Learn how to make server-side requests for a single Universal ID without the use of Prebid.js or ID5's JS API
- Server Side - Partner Signals Endpoint — Learn how to make server-side requests to ID5 to retrieve Universal IDs in bulk by passing in "hard signals".
- Ingest and Use Universal ID — ID5 has put together integration guides for different platform types to make it as easy as possible to get started with Universal ID